Sunday, September 8, 2019

Review: Hard Place


Title: Hard Place
Series: Hard to Love
Author: Emily Goodwin
Release Date: September 12


Blurb:

Cold. Callous. Cocky.

A total playboy with abs for days, a panty-melting smirk, and a face the gods themselves would be jealous of.

And he’s my new boss.

None of that matters, because as a single mom, men like Alexander Harding are the last thing I need. What I do need is this job, so I’m going to keep my head down, work hard, and avoid that asshole as much as humanly possible.

But then he gives me an offer I can’t refuse, even though everything inside of me is warning me to run away and never look back.

It’s just one weekend.

One weekend to convince a bunch of stuffy investors that Alexander has changed from the player who spent more time in the bedroom than the boardroom into a family man they’d be happy to go into business with.

But the more time I spend with him, the more I realize that there might be a beating heart buried under his designer shirts and spectacular pecs after all…which is bad news for me.

Because the only thing worse than hating your boss is falling in love with him.


Review:

Harper is a single mother to twin girls, living paycheck to paycheck. So when she's offered a chance to move up, even just temporarily with a pay raise she jumps at the chance. Now personal assistant to Alexander Harper- cold, callous playboy. He doesn't like her- but the feeling is mutual. So what happens when Alex offers her an offer she can't refuse- despite the many warning signs she should? Spend a weekend pretending to be his girlfriend to give investors the illusion that Alex isn't the same cocky playboy.
What is worse then hating your boss? Falling in love with him.

I loved everything about this book. Harper is a strong single working mother, trying to do what is best for her daughters. They may not have a lot of money living pay check to pay check, and may live in a bad part of town, but Harper is doing everything she can to give the girls what they need.
Alex is the son of the founder of the company. He's cocky, and cold, and a notorious play boy. What he didn't expect was Harper mouthing him off in the school parking lot. And then her showing up as his new assistant the next morning. She is unexpected to say the least.
Now these two must work with each other. Hating one another comes easy. Nevermind the undeniable attraction they feel. But an office romance? Not going to happen... It can't. It would be way to complicated. But what happens when the attraction they feel for one another turns into something... More?
I seriously loved this book.
If you love enemies to lovers, office romance, single parent, angst or any combination of the four then you need to grab this book! I loved these two characters apart, and together. I cannot wait for more from this series, and to find out what happens next. 5 angsty ⭐ out of 5⭐.

No comments:

Post a Comment