Friday, September 6, 2019

Review: Truly Yours


Title: Truly Yours
Series: Roommate duet series, Mason & Sophie duet
Author: Kennedy Fox
Release Date: September 12


Synopsis:

I knew within moments of meeting Mason Holt that he would change my life forever.
I just didn’t realize how much.

As my world spirals out of control, he continues to stay by my side, protecting and taking care of me. Being just friends is all he’s been able to offer, that is until both of our lives are threatened. Now that our relationship is blossoming into something more, I can’t be what he needs even if I wished I could.
Bad timing strikes again.

When I think we can finally be together, someone threatens to tear us apart. I’m not the same girl Mason met three years ago, but I’m determined to fight for what I’ve always wanted—him.

**This is book 2 in the Mason & Sophie duet and must be read after Truly Mine. Recommended for ages 18+**

Review:

Book 1 in Mason & Sophie's duet MUST be read first, since this book picks up right where book 1 left off!

Sophie's life is spiraling out of control. After being threatened and put in harms way, all that Sophie can offer Mason is friendship. Is their relationship doomed to bad timing, and failing before it even really gets a chance to begin? Or can Mason and Sophie fight for what they want- each other- and be exactly what they need for one another? 

This is a highly anticipated sequel to Truly Mine, which left us hanging to find out what happens with Sophie and Mason. I loved reading Mason and Sophie's story. And to see their journey, and how each of them grew. To go from being just friends, to becoming the most important people in each other's lives. No matter what life threw at either of them, they had each other. 
Mason was protective, loving, caring, and loyal. He was jaded from his past, and slow to let others in.  Until Sophie. He wasn't ready when they first met, but Regardless what happened, he was there for Sophie, to help her through it all.
Sophie was stubborn, strong willed, talented, caring, and always looked for the good in others. Which also was how she managed to land herself in trouble on more than one occasion. 
This book starts off with a bang- in the midst of trouble, Mason must help Sophie. Suspense, drama, and tensions are high. This book is also sweet, and steamy. Mason and Sophie's romance had a deliciously slow burn from beginning to end. Everything you come to expect from a Kennedy Fox book. And just what I needed to escape reality for a little while. If you like friends to lovers, protective heroes, and sweet heroines, then you should definitely check out Mason & Sophie's story. 4 sweet ⭐ out of 5 ⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment