Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Review: Hard Truth

Title: Hard Truth
Series: Hard to Love
Author: Emily Goodwin
Release Date: October 3rd


The first time I met Alexander Harding, I yelled at him for taking my parking spot. Rich and powerful, I saw him as nothing more than my new coldhearted boss. I hated him once but now…now things aren’t that simple. There’s a man beneath the beast, and the more I get to know him, the more I fall in love with him.

Though just as I’m able to envision a future together, the past comes back to haunt us both.

Six years ago, my life changed forever when I found out I was pregnant. The last thing I expected was to see Michael Cooper again, but now he’s here and is ready to make up for lost time. He wants to be involved in his daughters’ life. My life. And it’s making me question everything.

I never thought it was possible to be in love with two men at the same time. One from my past, and one I want in my future. My heart is completely torn in two, with each half going in a different direction. I’d give them each half if I could.

But then I would be left with nothing.


Hard Truth picks up right where Hard Place left off so you MUST read Hard Place first.
Harper and Alex are finally seeing eye to eye, no longer at odds with one another, just for Harper's past to come crashing into their life. Now Harper must choose between Alex, the man she thought she was going to have a future with, or Micheal, the father of her children and the family she had always wanted.
This is the anticipated conclusion for Hard Place and Emily did not disappoint. I was so in love with Alex and Harper's story in Hard Place and after how it ended, I desperately needed answers. Harper is now faced with an impossible dilemma, and must decide between two guys who not only have a piece of her heart, but are also a huge part of her life. Her and Micheal connected at that party. They shared more than a one night stand, and he is the father of her children. But her and Alex has spent countless days together. Working together, pretending to be each other's significant other. They went from hating each other, to tolerating each other, to actually caring for one another. Will Harper be able to choose who she wants in her life, or will she constantly be torn between the two?
I honestly loved these characters, their story, and their journey together. I had been in a book funk for weeks, and this was just the book I needed to help get me out. Such an amazing story. 4.5⭐ out of 5⭐.




Amazon Universal: mybook.to/HardTruthEGAU
Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2pmtkad

No comments:

Post a Comment