Friday, February 21, 2020

Review: Angry God


Title: Angry God
Series: All Saints High
Author: L.J. Shen
Release Date: Feb 18


Vaughn Spencer. 
They call him an angry god. 
To me, he is nothing but a heartless prince. 
His parents rule this town, its police, every citizen and boutique on Main Street. 
All I own is a nice, juicy grudge against him for that time he almost killed me. 
Between hooking up with a different girl every weekend, breaking hearts, noses and rules, Vaughn also finds the time to bully little ole’ me. 
I fight back, tooth and nail, never expecting him to chase me across the ocean after we graduate high school. 
But here he is, living with me in a dark, looming castle on the outskirts of London. 
A fellow intern. A prodigal sculptor. A bloody genius. 
They say this place is haunted, and it is. 
Carlisle Castle hides two of our most awful secrets. 
Vaughn thinks he can kill the ghosts of his past, but what he doesn’t know? It’s my heart he’s slaying.
Angry God is a stand-alone, DARK High School Romance. It deals with sensitive subjects some may find triggering.


I am still at a loss of words for this book. It slayed me.
Vaughn Spencer is known as an Angry God. He's legendary in Todos Santos. He always has a different girl every weekend, breaks hearts, and noses, and torments Lenora as soon as her feet touch California soil. But she isn't the same girl he once knew, and tried to kill. She now fights back, sinking more than just her claws into him.
She never thought he would follow her back to her home turf and ancient castle outside of London. A fellow intern, a prodigal sculptor. And a bloody genius. But Lenora won't be beaten so easily. Vaughn tries to kill the ghosts of his past, even if it means cutting down everyone who stands in his way. Including Lenora.
Vaughn slashed his way into my heart. And may have stolen top spot of L.J.'s heroes away from his dad Vicious. I mean, on one hand we see a whole other side with Daddy Vicious - and Hawt Daymn! I love me some Vicious. But Vaughn. My broken prince, and Angry God. His story damn near broke me.
I was a bit weary going in with the trigger warning- don't get me wrong I love a good Dark romance from time to time, but I can also be triggered once in awhile thanks to my past. And sometimes, the past digs it's claws into you when you least expect it to. I understand the broken on a whole other level. So I went in weary, telling myself I would stop if I needed to. But I devoured this book, and ate up the words, paragraphs and chapters. I fell in love with Vaughn. For more than just his brokenness but his beautiful soul. For his vicousness. For his heartbreaking story. For his relationship with Lenora. For Lenora herself. What she had been through. Her armor and sass. For standing up to the Vaughn Spencer. Her music and books. For being unapologetically herself. For Vaughn's parents and their love for him. For protective Daddy Vicious (who has been a favorite for years and may actually be dethroned by his son!) To his sweet mother Emilia.
I may never be able to express how this book embedded into my soul. But I absolutely loved the story. Yes, there is a trigger warning- because yes it does have some sensitive subjects within the pages and can be dark but it was without a doubt an extraordinary read. It was everything I didn't know I needed. Vaughn intrigued me a long time ago- even before All Saints High was being considered. And I needed his story like I needed my next breath. And now that it's over, I'm sitting here wondering "where do I go from here?" I already know a book hangover is following this amazing but devastating story. But like an addict I can already assure you I will be driving back in and rereading this book again and again for may years to come! 5 Godly ⭐s out of 5⭐.









Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/AGLJShen
Amazon Paperback: https://amzn.to/38HbfWt
Amazon Audible: https://amzn.to/37x5edq

Add ANGRY GOD to Goodreads: http://bit.ly/35oUOMC

No comments:

Post a Comment