Sunday, July 26, 2020

Review: Flock


Title: Flock
Series: Ravenhood Duet
Author: Kate Stewart
Release Date: July 31



𝘾𝙖𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩?
I grew up sick.
Let me clarify.
I grew up believing that real love stories include a martyr or demand great sacrifice to be worthy.
Because of that, I believed it, because I made myself believe it, and I bred the most masochistic of romantic hearts, which resulted in my illness.
When I lived this story, my own twisted fairy tale, it was unbeknownst to me at the time because I was young and naïve. I gave into temptation and fed the beating beast, which grew thirstier with every slash, every strike, every blow.
Triple Falls wasn’t at all what it seemed, nor were the men that swept me under their wing. But in order to keep them, I had to be in on their secrets.
Secrets that cost us everything to keep.
That’s the novelty of fiction versus reality. You can’t re-live your own love story, because by the time you’ve realized you’re living it, it’s over. At least that was the case for me and the men I trusted my foolish heart to.
Looking back, I’m convinced I willed my story into existence due to my illness.
𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥.


Oh my Goodness! I am here at a lost for words. I don't even know what to say about this book. 
What drew me into this book was the series name. I don't know why but I absolutely LOVE Ravens and black birds. And these covers are GORGEOUS. 
This book wasn't what I initially expected, but Kate has a way of blowing those expectations out of the water. And I loved every single minute of it. 
Cecelia grew up as a responsible wallflower. She wasn't out going like her mother or best friend. She was good at being good. She also grew up believing that real love stories demand a sacrifice to be worthy. So when she finds herself at her father's house for a year, a complete stranger to her, she decides to live a little. Within the day of arriving she caught the eye of one of the local hotties. He was all man. 
He took her in, showing her things she never would have thought of. Triple Falls was a town that wasn't what it seemed. In a world full of secrets, Cecelia must hold her own... It's sink or swim, but Cecelia's twisted fairy tale may have just doomed them all...
I loved this book. It was a dark world full of secrets and secure and scandalous interactions between the characters. It was hot in more ways then one, the characters... We're just more.
Cecelia was only nineteen. Her life wasn't easy, but she grew up believing certain things. When she met the men of Triple Falls they challenged her beliefs. 
Sean was more easy going. An outdoorsy type, loving to hike and spend his days outdoors, tiring himself out. He was sweet and affectionate when he wanted to be.
Dominic was more of an introvert. He loved his books, and music, and could work his way around a computer. 
Both men were MORE than what they seemed. And both men held many secrets. Where Sean was affectionate, Dominic was a dick. But they shared a bond with each other. And Cecelia was infatuated with them and their lives, caught in the middle. 
If you love hot steamy sex, secrets and mystery then you definitely need to pick up this book! I am now dying to get my hands on book two to find out what happens next! 4.5 all-consuming ⭐ out of 5⭐. 








Add to your GOODREADS: https://bit.ly/3dwgXN8⁣⁣


The Ravenhood Duet Spotify Playlist: https://spoti.fi/38Y1FiU



Title: Exodus
Series: the Ravenhood duet
Author: Kate Stewart
Release Date: August 6

Blurb:
Can you live a lie?

It’s a ghost town, this place that haunts me, the one that made me.

It’s clear to me that I’ll never outgrow Triple Falls or outlive the time I spent here.

I can still feel them all, my boys of summer.

Even when I’d sensed the danger, I gave in.

I didn’t heed a single warning. I let my sickness, my love, both rule and ruin me. I played my part, eyes wide open, tempting fate until it delivered.

There was never going to be an escape.

All of us are to blame for what happened. All of us serving our own sentences. We were careless and reckless, thinking our youth made us indestructible, exempt from our sins, and it cost us all.

I’m done pretending I didn’t leave the largest part of me between these hills and valleys, between the sea of trees that hold my secrets.

It’s the reason I’m back. To make peace with my fate.

And if I can’t grieve enough to cure myself in my time here, I’ll remain sick. That will be my curse.

But it’s time to confess, to myself more so than any other, that I’d hindered my chances because of the way I was built, and because of the men who built me.

At this point, I just want to make peace with who I am, no matter what ending I get.

Because I can no longer live a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment