Saturday, May 22, 2021

Review: Queen Of Quarantine

 


Title: Queen of Quarantine

Series: Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep

Authors: Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Release Date: February 2021



Once upon a time I met four monsters and thought the world would come to an end at their hands.


But I was a fool.


Because I didn’t understand the bigger picture.


That the enemies I thought I knew would become the reason for my entire existence. My strength. My pain. My life. My love.


The big bad wolf has teeth and claws as sharp as iron, and the danger before my eyes is blinding. So blinding that I didn’t see the true danger lurking in the dark.


But now my eyes are wide open and I see it all.


Alone and afraid and running out of time, I’m not afraid of monsters anymore.


I’m counting on them to come for me.


Because if they don’t, this foolish girl might be lost forever in the dark.



Wow. I can't believe these books are over. I am definitely going to miss these characters .. this story...

This book is the fourth and final book in the Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep series, and you MUST read the first three books before this one, because it is a continuation of the story and picks up where book 3 left off. 

Trigger Warning: it is a dark bully RH romance with violence, abuse & other topics that may trigger going in, so be prepared. 


Tatum is alone, and currently running out of time. She has to count on the cruel boys with monsters beneath their skin to come save her before it's too late, and she is lost forever. The cruel boys who were once her enemies and tormentors, now are the reason for her existence. Her pain and strength, her life and her love. But will they be able to get to her in time? The creatures of the night, searching for their Queen. 


I have loved these books, these characters, this story, and it will stay with me for awhile. And I am sad that it has come to an end but cannot wait to grab them up in paperback to be able to reread them again, and again. 

Tatum was strong, and resilent- taming her monsters. She loved each of them equally, and for different reasons. She was Saint's chaos in his need for control, was Kyan's partner in crime for him to burn the world down with, was There for Nash and Blake in their grief and search for Vengeance. She was exactly what each of the guys needed. And she needs each of her Night Keepers as well. 

Nash has been fitting in better with the Night Keepers. He is still on the path for revenge, but it isn't the only thing he lives for anymore, now that he has Tatum and his brothers by his side. 

Blake is still grief striken over his loss, but his golden personality is starting to shine through more and more each day, his darkness also growing too.

Kyan is vicious, brutal and savage. He needs Tatum to keep him grounded, and without her, him and the rest of the Night Keepers will subcomb to the darkness within.

Saint still needs control but with Tatum it isn't as bad. She helps calm him when he needs it. He has been my favorite since book one. He is cruel and wicked but there is more to him then 

But none of them are anything without Tatum. She makes them more of who they are, and binds them all together and without her in their lives they would fall apart. 

I loved these books, and cannot believe they are over. The banter, the story, their love and family and the sex. The sex ramps up in this book going from 3 and 4 some to Tatum with her whole Harem of men. On top of the sex, the danger ramps up to. All the troubles Tatum and the Night Keepers were up against comes to a head, and they have to face it all at once. It was the perfect ending to a great series. And I am going to miss these characters who have embedded themselves in my heart, after being completely obsessed with them and these books for the past few days, I am now feeling lost without them. 

4.5 ⭐ out of 5 ⭐. 

No comments:

Post a Comment