Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Review Fumbled Hearts (reread)

 


Title: Fumbled Hearts

Series: Fumbled Futures

Author: Meagan Brandy 

Release Date: September 2017



He’s the persistent playboy who refuses to walk away. I'm the impassive new girl with nothing left to give.
Things are about to get complicated...

After months of refusing, I finally agreed to make the move to Alrick Falls. My family thought it was best - that a new scene would be good for me—and I was sick of having the same conversation.
So here I am, and the plan is simple. Smile through each day and avoid her at all costs.
It's perfect.

Until the cocksure quarterback comes into play.

The last thing I want is his crooked grin and dark brown eyes focused on me.
Yet here he is, constantly in my space, pushing me, daring me to care. Telling me what I think and feel, as if he knows.
He doesn't know anything. And  I plan to keep it that way.



Nate is a cocky quarterback playboy- who never hears the word no. Kalani is the new girl, who is different from everyone else. She's impassive, closed off, mysterious. But Nate pushes her to open up, to care. 

Can the persistent quarterback get Lolli to open up, or will she do what she always does, and run from her emotions? 

So, it's been years since I last read this book, but damn, I still absolutely love Nate & Lolli's story! 

I figured because of the release of Say You Swear being picked up by a publisher (bloom books) I would reread Fumbled Hearts, Defenseless Hearts & Say You Swear all over again, & I still absolutely love this book, and this world. 

Nate may be the bad boy playboy who gets around, and may be alpha and boosy but he still is sweet for his girl. Kalani has been through so much in such a short amount of time, but she doesn't let that make her jaded. Closed off sure, but she's still honest, and genuine. She doesn't play games & everything is met at face value. Until Nate. He opens up something inside her- making her feel again. 

Fumbled Hearts is a sports romance heavily focused on football, not just for the MMC quarterback, but for Kalani as well, but it's so much more than that. It still makes me feel. I feel giddy and swoon for Nate, and still feel and cry for Kalani even after all these years. This book still draws out the emotion. 

4 ⭐ out of 5 ⭐. 

2🌶️ out of 5🌶️. - a couple scenes with some details. 


Tropes: 

→ Sports Romance/Football Romance 

→ persistent Playboy x new girl 

→ emotional read 

→ he fell first 


Previous review | Trigger Warnings 

No comments:

Post a Comment